Sunday, January 31, 2010

Time flies...

It's been a while since I've posted on here...so I thought I would check in...

Olivia's been with us just over 5 months. She's fallen right in step with out busy household. She doesn't miss a thing. She is so completely fluent in English, that she dazzles all who meet her. I just finished recording her voice and hope to get it loaded on here so you can hear her.

This month besides playing in the snow, sledding and building snow forts, she's gone swimming at the community center, bowling with the family, and crawling through an indoor maze with her sister. She has really blossomed in her friend-making. She is always thrilled to meet the next adventure.
Our month was filled with doctor visits--6 appointments with more to come in the future months. We are trying to establish her health history, since we don't have a biological one to go on, so we can get her the care she needs for her congenital scoliosis. We've had two thorough physicals, (endless) blood work, echocardiogram, renal ultrasound, 3 sets of X-rays, MRI, CT scan. We've visited with two orthopedic surgeons. I feel a bit overwhelmed with all of the running around, but feel very blessed that we have great medical care for children available right in our area. And what a trooper Olivia is! She is so cheerful and cooperative through it all. I am thankful for her great attitude, because we have a lot more to come. Pray for her endurance and for the Lord to guide us with wisdom in her care.

No comments:

Post a Comment