Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Re-grout while we wait...

We haven't heard anything yet...waiting...waiting...waiting...
Anyway...The population at our home is down significantly--two to be exact. Drake is working at Trout Lake Camp (our church camp). Last week he was in a cabin with some jr. high boys assisting the cabin counselor. This week he is on dining room duty wiping tables and mopping floors after each meal. Shauna is in Duluth on a mission trip with the jr. high group from our church serving meals to the homeless, visiting with the elderly in nursing homes, doing lawn work for those that are unable, and playing with low-income daycare kids.

Meanwhile...

I decided to get busy with a task of my own--one that I've been putting off for years. You know how it is...the discolored staining behind the caulk-line in the corners of the bathtub/shower walls...that eventually gets darker and darker. Who knows what's growing behind there! A squirt of bleach takes care of it for a few days, but then there it is again. It's not like I see it everyday since it's the kids' bathroom. One day, though, something caught my eye. On closer inspection...I discovered that there is a gap in the grout. Some of the grout is actually missing! NOT GOOD!!! My heart sank.

This is the week...the week with the least amount of showers needed in our household...the week that I put on my home-repair hat (and mask and goggles) to tackle grinding out the grout and yanking out the old caulk. YUCK! I hate doing it, but I am adding a bathe-er to the family and can't have a decaying bathroom.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment