I got this great idea from a friend of mine, MaryAnn, who happens to be in Kazakhstan with her family as I write this. They are in the process of meeting their 2 new children. Before they left she said she would be making a photo album with a special stuffed animal posed in a variety of snapshots around their home. They will give the children the stuffed animal and the album. It will give them much to talk about and familiarize them with their new home.
I let the idea brew for a while and then the kids and I worked on a very similar project yesterday. We picked out a soft stuffed dolly. She has been everywhere around the house now. Here is a small sampling of the 36 snapshots we set up. We got kind of silly...
I also arranged another set of pictures--all of people. I have several of our immediate family and then one of each of the grandparents, aunts, uncles and all the cousins. Now I need to upload them to Walmart to print them for my 2 little albums. I think these will be special for Olivia. I hope it will be instrumental in smoothing our transition. I have a few more putsy projects like this, but things are moving along.
10 days...
No comments:
Post a Comment