
Hi everyone!
Thank you for all of your prayers. They were definitely felt! I see that Shauna was able to keep you up to date while we were gone. China blocks Facebook and Blogger. We didn't have much contact other than phone calls. One of our fellow traveling family's was able to take a few snapshots on his Blackberry and send those to our home emails.
We are home and trying to recover from a grueling flight schedule. We had 8 flights in all, but in the last 30 hours we had 4! Olivia made it. I made it--PHEW! Unfortunately, she has hives from head-to-toe. After the first of the 4 flights, her face, especially her eyes, were swelling up. I was worried to finish the travel without some intervention. The Benadryl was not helping. We went to a western clinic in Beijing and put her on Prednisone and Zyrtec for the rest of the trip. We are guessing it is an allergy to mold--very moldy in Guangzhou. But we also think it could be the stress of everything. She seems much better this morning at home!
We were able to meet the kids at the airport with my dad and Troy's cousins Peggy and Jasper Li and their children. Jasper is Chinese and Peggy speaks Chinese. They were able to welcome Olivia to Minnesota--her new home. They explained that we would go to our house to live and that she this brother and 2 sisters would be in her family. She would live with us for the rest of her life.
I have so much to say, but I need to continue to get things back in order.
Pray that the next weeks calm down and that our acclimating to family life together goes well. I'm sure we will experience lots of joys as well as bumps along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment